Monday, November 15, 2010

IN THESE TIMES

IN THESE TIMES
Ok! I’m back. But a shadow.
Forensic practical classes are ‘almost’ an exercise in futility. But for intelligent dramatics staged by my gang of guys.
3 pm. The mangalore weather. Humid. Sultry. In a class sans AC. What could be worse. And its so hard to sleep off on those half-desks that populate the demo room.
The tutor’s teaching how to fill up some godforsaken letter. ‘certificate of death’. ‘medico legal case’. Well, they’ll obviously come into use later on, but for the moment, they were just pieces of paper.
Azeb’s sitting beside Anurag. His cheek flopped on his arms collapsed on the desk. He’s a shadow. Too. I mean, one look at him and you’d think he’s a Somalian refugee.black. cadaveric. He wouldn’t have eaten lunch, breakfast AND the dinner the last night. So it so happens that he mumbles to anurag..
“dude, I think I’m gonna faint man. Please try and get me out of this class. I think I need to lie down somewhere.”
Anurag on the other hand, decides to take matters to his own hands. He stands up, in the middle of a sleepy listless class, and says..
“sir, the boy next to me has fainted. I need to take him to the hospital. Can I do that now sir?”
Well, an intimation was all that was needed. Who cares bout permission? The next second, Azeb stands up, and walks straight out of the class.
Now, it so happens, that the LCD Screen is a little distance away from the door. And the door is half open.
The whole class stares blankly at what happens.silently. Azeb walking his eager, energetic manner towards the screen. He manages to walk behind the screen, and the next minute.
BANG!
He crashes into the door and falls flat on the ground.
The whole class exclaims in concern. “oooH!”
A few people giggle.
And strangely enough, while a few people stand to notice what happens, Azeb suddenly pulls himself up.. and walks outside towards the forensic department. An amused Anurag soon following him.
What I heard later was, that azeb fainted, YET AGAIN, when he reached the department.
I remember him telling me, “dude, fainting is one of the MOST heavenly experiences I’ve ever had man! Its SHEER BLISS. I swear it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment